April 23, 2019
WIPO has launched a new service within PATENTSCOPE to provide improved information based on the following documents:
- international search report (ISR) (PCT/ISA/210);
- declaration of non-establishment of ISR (PCT/ISA/203); and
- written opinion of the International Searching Authority (ISA) (PCT/ISA/237)
The service uses the XML data provided by some International Authorities to provide easy access to useful information, as follows:
- click on the International Patent Classification (IPC) codes in the reports and go straight to WIPO’s IPC webpage;
- click on the citations (patent literature and certain non-patent literature) and patent family documents cited in the ISR and go straight to those documents; and
- Effective on-the-fly machine translation of the ISR, declaration of non-establishment of ISR and written opinion of the ISA using Artificial Intelligence (Neural Machine Translation) technology in 10 PCT publication languages (or easy access to XML human translations into English, where available, with the same link functions).
The service is available for most recent reports established by the ISAs of the China National Intellectual Property Administration (CNIPA), the European Patent Office (EPO) and the Korean Intellectual Property Office (KIPO). In addition, the service is available for some reports established by other offices, such as the Austrian Patent Office, the Egyptian Patent Office and the Turkish Patent and Trademark Office, where the reports were prepared using the relevant ePCT Office function.
To try these new additional features:
- go to the PATENTSCOPE search page;
- find a particular published international application which contains the above-mentioned reports; and
- click on the newly‑created “ISR/WOSA/A17(2)(a)” tab.
The International Bureau provides this service in order to offer PATENTSCOPE users more convenience in data searches. Please note, however, that the XML versions of the documents do not have any legal value, and that only the PDF version of the reports should be considered to be the official publication.