Bryan E. Repetto
Bryan E. Repetto represents clients in the areas of intellectual property, healthcare law, business law, and business and intellectual property transactions. While representing clients across diverse industries. Mr. Repetto’s patent practice has particular focus in the areas of life sciences, pharmaceuticals, medical devices and healthcare.
Mr. Repetto’s private practice principally caters to clients in California’s Silicon Valley, although he represents a geographically and technologically diverse pool of clients. Additionally, Mr. Repetto serves as General Counsel at Applied Research Works, Inc. (ARW), a Palo Alto based software company offering specialized services for health plans, healthcare professionals and patients. In his capacity as General Counsel, Mr. Repetto oversees all activities relating to ARW’s IP portfolio, and also manages and negotiates the company’s day-to-day business transactions. Mr. Repetto also regularly advises on matters pertaining to privacy, HIPAA, health law, internet security.
Prior to beginning his legal practice, and during law school, Mr. Repetto worked with the world’s leading patent holding company where he participated in the licensing and monetization of high value patent portfolios throughout the industry. The experience has made Mr. Repetto particularly astute in counseling clients in relation to procuring, prosecuting, licensing, litigating and monetizing patent portfolios, for both offensive and defensive purposes.
In addition to his J.D. degree, Mr. Repetto holds a Master’s in Intellectual Property, Commerce, and Technology and Master’s in Health Services Administration. His undergraduate studies were in the biological sciences.
A native of the San Francisco Bay Area, Mr. Repetto is a member of the State Bar of California and is registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Mr. Repetto is an active member of the Silicon Valley Intellectual Property Law Association, the Licensing Executives Society, and the Bar Associations of the Palo Alto Area, San Mateo County and Sacramento Counties. Mr. Repetto frequently lectures on IP issues, and is an active contributor to the startup communities of the Silicon Valley area.
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- J.D., Indiana University School of Law School, 2011
- M.I.P.C.T., Intellectual Property, Franklin Pierce Law Center (now University of New Hampshire School of Law), 2008
- M.H.S.A., Health Services Administration, St. Joseph’s College of Maine, 2007
- B.S., Biology, University of Nevada, Reno, 2002.
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Licensing Executives Society
- Silicon Valley Intellectual Property Law Association
- Palo Alto Area Bar Association
- San Mateo County Bar Association
- Sacramento County Bar Association
- IP Strategy Summit: Silicon Valley, (CenterForce Conferences),
Panel Participant, May 21, 2014.
- IP Monetization Summit: Silicon Valley, (CenterForce Conferences),
Panel Participant, March 13, 2014.
- IP Defense Summit: Silicon Valley, (CenterForce Conferences),
Panel Participant, January 21, 2014.
- IP Enforcement Summit: Silicon Valley, (CenterForce Conferences),
Panel Participant, October 17, 2014.